What causes sleep disorders?
- Physical (such as ulcers).
- Medical (such as asthma).
- Psychiatric (such as depression and anxiety disorder).
- Working the night shift.
- Genetics (narcolepsy is genetic).
- Medications (some interfere with sleep).
- Aging (about half of all adults over the age of 65 have some sort of sleep disorder. It is unclear if it is a normal part of aging or a result of medicines that older people commonly use).
What are the symptoms of sleep disorders?
- Fall asleep while driving
- When inactive, Struggle to stay awake, such as when reading or watching television
- Difficulty in paying attention or concentrating at school, home, or work.
- Often look sleepy as told by others.
- Have difficulty with your memory
- Have slowed responses
- Have difficulty controlling your emotions
- Need to take naps almost every day
How Sleep Disorder treated
- Counseling: Some sleep specialists recommend cognitive behavior therapy. Such counseling guide you “recognize, challenge, and change stress-inducing thoughts” that can keep awake at night.
- Medications and/or supplements.
- Practice sleep hygiene such as maintaining a regular sleep schedule.
- Get regular exercise.
- Minimize noise.
- Minimize light.
- Manage the temperature so that you’re comfortable.
Dr. Neetu Jain
Dr. Neetu Jain is a specialist in this field (asthma & allergy). She joined as a senior resident at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) and subsequently worked there for 7 years. She has not only worked for patient care but is a dedicated academician with more than 30 publications in her name in national and international journals.
Dr. Neetu Jain is MBBS, DNB, FCCP (USA), EDRM (EUROPE), FICCM international pulmonologist, critical care, and sleep medicine.
For booking your appointment
Mobile no. 91-8287429854
Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit her website for more information:- https://drneetujainpulmo.com/
Do you know about Asthma Treatment Hospital in South Delhi
Call for More info : Dr. NEETU JAIN